- An Act to provide for the welfare of motor transport workers and to regulate the conditions of their work.
It applies to every motor transport undertaking employing five or more motor transport workers:
- Provided that the state Government may, after giving not less than two months’ notice of its intention so to do, by notification in the Official Gazette, apply all or any of the provisions of this Act to any motor transport undertaking employing less than five motor transport workers.
Every employer of an undertaking shall, within not less
than thirty days before the date on which he proposes to operate the undertaking,
submit to the Chief Inspector or an Inspector duly
authorised by him in this behalf an
Form No. I, for the registration of the undertaking and grant
of a certificate of registration for Motor Transport:
- Provided that in the case of an undertaking existing immediately before the commencement of these rules, such application shall be made within sixty days from such commencement.
- Provided further that where an undertaking has units operating in more than one State, the employer of the undertaking shall apply for registration to the Chief Inspector or the Inspector as the case may be of the State in which it's Headquarters Office is located.
- Every certificate of registration granted under rule 5 renewed under Rule 8 shall remain in force upto 31st December of the year for the certificate is granted or renewed.
- Where a motor transport undertaking is registered under this Act, there shall be issued to the employer a certificate of registration containing such particulars as may be prescribed.
In relation to any motor transport undertaking, the person who, or the authority which, has the ultimate control over the affairs of the motor transport undertaking, and where the said affairs are entrusted to any other person whether called a manager, managing director, managing agent or by any other name, such other person,
Time Line (RTS TimeLine)
Maximum Number of Days after complete application is submitted: 30 Days, Refund of Security 60 days. (As per notified at Sr. No. 228 and 229 under Right to Service Act, 2011)
Fees for the Grant of Licence for a Motor Transport for One Year
|Fees for the Grant of Licence for Motor Transport for One Year|
|Maximum Number of workers to be employed on any day during the year||Fees|
|From 1 to 5||600|
|From 6 to 25||1500|
|26 upto 50||3000|
|51 upto 100||6000|
|101 upto 250||15000|
|251 upto 500||30000|
|501 upto 750||45000|
|751 upto 1000||60000|
|more than 1000||90000|
Validity of License
One year from the date of issue
Neccessary documents to fill the Licensing Form
Please keep the following scanned documents ready with you for online Licensing
Whether the contractor was convicted of any offence, within the proceeding five years
Whether there was any order against the contractor revoking or suspending licence or forfeiting security deposits in respect of an earlier contract.if so the date of such order
Whether the contractor has worked in any other establishment within the past five years.if so,give details of the Principal Employers,Establishments and nature of work
Whether a certificate by the Principal Employer is enclosed Form V
Particulars of security deposit, if any, to be adjusted.