- An Act to provide for the welfare of motor transport workers and to regulate the conditions of their work.
It applies to every motor transport undertaking employing five or more motor transport workers:
- Provided that the state Government may, after giving not less than two months’ notice of its intention so to do, by notification in the Official Gazette, apply all or any of the provisions of this Act to any motor transport undertaking employing less than five motor transport workers.
Every employer of an undertaking shall, within not less
than thirty days before the date on which he proposes to operate the undertaking,
submit to the Chief Inspector or an Inspector duly
authorised by him in this behalf an
Form No. I, for the registration of the undertaking and grant
of a certificate of registration for Motor Transport:
- Provided that in the case of an undertaking existing immediately before the commencement of these rules, such application shall be made within sixty days from such commencement.
- Provided further that where an undertaking has units operating in more than one State, the employer of the undertaking shall apply for registration to the Chief Inspector or the Inspector as the case may be of the State in which it's Headquarters Office is located.
- Every certificate of registration granted under rule 5 renewed under Rule 8 shall remain in force upto 31st December of the year for the certificate is granted or renewed.
- Where a motor transport undertaking is registered under this Act, there shall be issued to the employer a certificate of registration containing such particulars as may be prescribed.